Thank you so much for registering for the Wicklow Mountains 10k. We’re really looking forward to seeing you on the 9th March.
This is information for the 10km route. For 21km information please visit here. If you are supposed to be doing the 21km route please let us know.
Please find below some important information about the day:
- The route will be on very mixed ground, some forest track, some road and a lot of small rough mountain trails.
- Light boots are the recommended footwear for all walkers, and trail runners shoes for joggers and runners.
- Everyone should have water, food and a rain jacket.
- People walking the route can expect to take up to 5 hours to complete it and should also bring hat and gloves.
- Participants can expect to meet other people on the trail; they will not have exclusive use.
- Littering on the trail is absolutely not allowed and will result in disqualification.
- The route will be marked by finger boards, flags and existing signs. It is the responsibility of each participant to remain vigilant and follow the signs and show caution on the public roads.
- Due to health and safety no dogs are allowed on the day.
2. Registration Location and Time:
Registration Point: Brockagh Resource Centre – Glendalough (coaches will be pick you up here for transfer to start point). Directions to the centre here (Race Numbers & Chips will be given out on the day)
10km route: 09.30am -10.30am Coaches leave: 10.35am Race Start Approx: 11.00am
NB: Please arrive early for registration. We have over 180 people to register for the 10km.
Finish Point: You will finish back at Brockagh Resource Centre.
Parking is available at the Brockagh Centre, there are also two overflow car parks – the local school St.Kevins / Scoil Chaoimhín Naofa about 50 metres from the Brockagh Centre and GAA Pitch (shuttle transfer to Brockagh). Cars are parked at owners risk and we would advise that you do not leave valuables in your car, DEBRA Ireland cannot take responsibility for personal property.
Where ever possible we would ask that you carpool.
Everyone on the 10km will be chipped; this is to ensure that you will have an accurate finish time. The chip is included in your registration fee. After the race you must drop back your chip, there will be a charge of €6.00 for any chips not dropped back to the staff at the finish line or Brockagh Centre.
5. Food and Water Points:
Food: All participants are advised to have food with them on the route
Tea, coffee and scones will be provided by DEBRA Ireland after the race in the Brockagh Centre.
Water Points & Snacks Station: Water & Snacks will be available at one point on the hill 5Km.
The ground handlers of this event “The Adventure Agency” are fully insured for Public Liability as are DEBRA Ireland. This does not cover personal equipment and the normal risks which are associated with an event of this nature. Due to the terrain, there is a risk of injury to participants and by taking part in the event you acknowledge and accept this risk. Therefore the ground handlers and DEBRA Ireland would advise that you contact your insurance company to take out personal insurance to cover you from personal injury and your personal equipment
7. Registration Fee and Fundraising
Registration for this event is €20 which must be paid in advance.
If you have not yet paid your registration fee your place cannot be confirmed.
All participants must raise a minimum of €50 per person and have the minimum amount with them on the day. People who have set up mycharity pages do not have to worry as this money is logged directly into our account.
In order to ensure a fast registration we would appreciate if you could lodge fundraising into our account prior to the event, please find details below. We will accept sponsorship on the day but would appreciate if people could lodge before Friday 7th March.
Account Details: AIB Rathgar Sort Code: 93 -10-98 Account: 03800009 IBAN: IE17 AIBK93109803800009 (Please include your name in the reference, we would also appreciate if you could send us an email letting us know the lodgement number so that we can allocate it to you)
8. Contact Numbers:
If you have any problems prior to the day or on the day please contact:
Technical Ronan Mullen: 086 827 2524
Charity Kim Sargent: 087 907 6144