events, campaigns & more Sign Up
DEBRA Ireland’s Research
DEBRA Ireland has a long history in driving and supporting research with the potential to improve the lives of people living with EB. While there is currently no cure for EB, we are working hard to change that and believe that children born now will benefit from treatments lessening the impact of the condition. In our efforts to do that, we:
- Fund EB research.
- Support the scientists that undertake EB research.
- Identify new EB research funding opportunities.
We also do much of the not-so-obvious:
- Advocate and lobby for improved research funding and opportunities in Ireland.
- Help develop an Irish and international EB Patient Registry, which will be of immense value for research.
- Work on behalf of DEBRA International to communicate developments in research, to people in Ireland and around the world.