Monday 2nd June 2014
Dublin was the place to be if you wanted to see butterflies on Monday 2 June! Over 400 women (and some men!) wore their butterfly wings and blue tshirts in support of #TeamDEBRA in this year’s Flora Women’s Mini Marathon, helping us with our dream of turning Dublin blue. It was one of our biggest teams ever so thank you to each and everyone who ran, jogged walked and sponsored our team of butterflies.
All monies raised from the Marathon will help to continue and expand our Patient Support Services. To be included in our Prize Draw please return your sponsorship by Friday 25th July:
- Post a cheque / postal order to DEBRA Ireland (please note our new address – DEBRA Ireland, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2)
- Paying by credit card over the phone – (01) 412-6924
- Lodging money directly into our account – Please either email / telephone Susan in DEBRA Ireland to let her know when you have made the lodgement so we can identify your fundraising on our accounts. Last year we were unable to identify many lodgements from the Mini Marathon.
Bank Details: AIB Account Number: 03800009. Sort Code: 93/10/98
- Our highest fundraiser automatically wins a Dinner Date with Robert Sheehan (aka Darren from Love/Hate)
- If you raise €150 (or more!) you will be in the draw to win a dinner date with Robert Sheehan
- 2nd & 3rd highest fundraiser – Peter Mark vouchers (each worth €500)
- Harvey Nichols Hamper prize
- GHD straightener
- To our Marathon Champions who recruited groups of ladies from all across Ireland. We had coach loads of butterflies join us from Galway, Wicklow, Laois & Monaghan. Special thank you to Sarah, Linda, Emma, Sebrina and Eirin for all your help with this
- To our fantastic fitness guru Brendan Sheehan for all his support throughout the past few months and for getting the team ready for the marathon
- To our wonderful Marathon Committee – Jenny, Pamela & Sarah for being there every step of the way and making it such a success
- To all our incredible Prize Sponsors including Peter Mark and Harvey Nichols
- To Robert Sheehan for his continued support to DEBRA Ireland
And finally the BIGGEST THANKS goes to each lady who put on the DEBRA Ireland t-shirt and butterfly wings and undertook the marathon. As a charity we can only do what we do because of supporters like you.
If you need anymore information please contact Susan on (01) 412 6924 or firstname.lastname@example.org