Individual Giving Manager
Head of Fundraising & Marketing
Type of Contract:
Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week. Open to 4 day working week.
€54,000-€60,000, commensurate with experience.
Flexible working (a mix of home/office based) is facilitated and embraced. Candidates must be resident in Ireland. DEBRA Ireland Office is based at Butterfly Cottage, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Dublin 2
DEBRA Ireland is the national charity established in 1988 to provide patient support services and to drive research into treatments and cures for those living with the genetic skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa (EB). EB can be an extremely severe and painful, rare, skin-blistering condition, which leaves the skin as fragile as the wings of a butterfly. Even gentle contact can cause devastating wounds. EB has been described by a Consultant Dermatologist in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital as “easily the most debilitating and devastating disease I have ever seen.” Many of our patients who survive childhood face the frightening reality that they could develop a very aggressive form of skin cancer, due to the constant breakdown of their skin.
We are a patient-led charity, with an ambitious and passionate team, who care deeply about the patients and families we work on behalf of. We actively live our core values of Togetherness, Person-Centredness, Passion, Boldness, Integrity, with people at the heart of everything we do.
The Board of DEBRA Ireland have just approved a new 3-year organisational strategy. This significant and ambitious strategy is underpinned by fundraising development that will build on our sustainable income, while embracing innovation and digital transformation. A new fundraising strategy development process is about to be initiated, which will include growth strategies for individual giving.
The Individual Giving Manager is a new role, managing a team of two passionate and talented fundraising professionals. This presents an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced, and creative, fundraising manager. Having achieved substantial growth in the past two years with the introduction of a comprehensive Direct Mail programme, individual giving is identified as a key element in our fundraising portfolio, with significant potential. This role will appeal to a target driven, compassionate individual, motivated to grow our donor base, while building on the excellent donor care embraced within our team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Fundraising Strategy & Growth
- Lead, develop, and implement a new strategy and implementation plan for Individual Giving across all channels, incorporating cash and regular donors, direct mail, legacy and taxback.
- Create a campaign schedule outlining multi-channel integrations for all direct marketing and donor development activities, including audiences, costs, volumes, response rates and average gift.
- Actively explore opportunities for income diversification, demonstrating thought leadership on new methods of fundraising from individual giving, with focus on donor acquisition channels and digital growth.
- Work cross functionally with Family Support, Research and Advocacy to gather compelling storytelling content, developing these into engaging stories to inspire donors and leverage across acquisition and retention.
- Lead on the development and implementation of a Regular Giving programme, ensuring excellent donor care and identifying for opportunities acquisition, upgrade and reactivation campaigns.
- Create and manage print and digital (email and social) donor journey and tailored communications to improve donor retention, repeat gifting and income KPI’s.
- Develop and manage newly emerging legacy giving programme.
- Review taxback programme and look to build on recent growth, seeking progression both in donor engagement and internal processes.
- Explore face-to-face fundraising as a potential regular giving recruitment programme. Management of pilot programme if deemed viable, to include agency recruitment and management, reporting, and creation of a regular giver recognition programme.
Donor Care & Data Management
- In collaboration with Donor Care Executive, manage set up, creative management, production and data targeting of supporter impact and retention campaigns including welcome journey, newsletter, surveys, gratitude communications, and ongoing donor journey development.
- Proactively engage in donor behaviour analysis and development to better understand DEBRA Ireland’s donor base.
- Oversee management of CRM system, guiding and supporting Fundraising Administrator in seeking efficiencies, improving data quality and ensuring CRM system is optimised and donor data is managed in line with GDPR and DEBRA policies.
- Uphold transparency and adherence to best practice, ensuring DEBRA Ireland complies with the Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public, giving operational and strategic support to ensure that the best data protection principles are adhered to.
Leadership & Team
- Management of the individual giving team, including a Fundraising Administrator and Donor Care Executive.
- With Head of Fundraising & Marketing, develop and implement Fundraising strategy and budgets, using experience and historical data to create detailed campaign and activity plans.
- Work alongside other fundraising team members to assist in delivering DEBRA’s key fundraising and advocacy campaigns, primarily in relation to data and donor communication management.
- Collaborate with all internal teams, departments and external agencies as appropriate to build and develop relationships.
- Provide support to other fundraising team members and the wider DEBRA Team where needed.
- Minimum five years’ experience in an individual giving fundraising role or similar.
- Experienced people manager with a proven track record of motivating and empowering people and teams to reach their potential and exceed goals.
- Experience in direct marketing fundraising, with demonstrated expertise in direct mail, digital fundraising and acquisition campaigns.
- Proven experience of driving successful taxback and legacy giving programmes.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing effective multi-audience, donor-centred supporter journeys.
- Proven experience of fundraising innovation and new product development.
- Experience in managing suppliers and agencies.
- Experience in database management, data extraction and segmentation. Knowledge of RE NXT an advantage.
- Clear and established programme management experience, with proven ability to manage multiple projects, prioritise time and resources and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Leadership and Person Requirements
- Demonstrates leadership with empathy, trust, positivity, and ambition.
- Pro-active growth mindset, embracing feedback and development opportunities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven experience building relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, and building cohesive cross-functional relationships.
- Demonstrated flexibility, resiliency, and emotional agility, with a high level of self-awareness.
- A passion for making donors feel valued, engaged and connected.
- Proven problem-solving and process improvement abilities.
- Strong empathetic nature, with a genuine passion and care for DEBRA Ireland’s community of EB families, volunteers and supporters.
- Warm, collaborative, enthusiastic, and fun!
- 20 days annual leave
- Additional 5 leave days: Good Friday, Christmas Eve, working days between Christmas-New Year
- Generous paid Sick Leave entitlement
- Employer matched Pension Scheme up to 6%, following 6-month probationary period
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Opportunity for flexible/hybrid working
Please email your CV and accompanying cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] by 5pm on Tuesday, 14th June 2022. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Individual Giving Manager’. Informal enquiries welcomed to Michelle Reynolds, Head of Fundraising & Marketing, at [email protected].
As our organisation evolves to meet our new strategy, and this is a new role and job description, flexibility will be required as the role develops. Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
First round interviews will take place via video call, and are currently planned for 20th & 21st June 2022. Second round interviews will be in person, in Dublin, the following week.
Position is subject to Garda Clearance and reference check. Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.
For more information on the role: Individual Giving Manager