Individual Giving Manager (currently Head of Fundraising & Marketing)
Type of Contract:
Specified Purpose (Maternity Cover), Full Time, 37.5 hours per week
€24,000-€30,000, commensurate with experience
DEBRA Ireland is located at Butterfly Cottage, Clanwilliam Terrace, Dublin 2.
While the nature of this role requires the majority of time to be spent in the office, flexible working (a mix of home/office based) is facilitated and embraced wherever possible.
DEBRA Ireland is the national charity established in 1988 to provide patient support services and to drive research into treatments and cures for those living with the genetic skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa (EB). EB can be an extremely severe and painful, rare, skin-blistering condition, which leaves the skin as fragile as the wings of a butterfly. Even gentle contact can cause devastating wounds. EB has been described by a Consultant Dermatologist in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital as “easily the most debilitating and devastating disease I have ever seen.” Many of our patients who survive childhood face the frightening reality that they could develop a very aggressive form of skin cancer, due to the constant breakdown of their skin.
We are a patient-led charity, with an ambitious and passionate team, who care deeply about the patients and families we work on behalf of. We actively live our core values of Togetherness, Person-Centredness, Passion, Boldness, Integrity, with people at the heart of everything we do.
This role will play a vital part within the fundraising team, leading the management of our donor database, driving donor care as the first and most frequent point of contact with our donors, and being the lead support person within the fundraising and marketing team.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and run DEBRA Ireland’s Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM system, coordinating access and training for other users.
- Manage processing of all donations onto our database, including postal, phone, website and online giving platforms such as JustGiving, Facebook etc., ensuring all gifts are accurately inputted and donors thanked as quickly as possible.
- Ensure accurate transfer of donor data and communication preferences onto database.
- Monthly recurring donation reporting, collaborating with finance team on monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
- Manage overall data quality, proactively testing and cleaning invalid data to ensure information is up to date, accurate and GDPR compliant.
- Assist in the development and extraction of fundraising reports for analysis and segmentation.
- Manage database and projects so that problems are anticipated, and solutions identified quickly.
- Continuously review and look for improvements in automating and streamlining data and donation processing.
- As part of the Individual Giving Team, create clean data files for Direct Marketing activities, updating CRM system to reflect new DM details.
- Be the first point of contact for our donors and supporters, providing a warm and compassionate relationship with DEBRA, while managing, maintaining and building relationships with supporters to achieve best retention results.
- Collaborate in the development of engaging communications and materials to share with donors through post, email, social media and over the phone, to enhance donor relationships.
- Identify trends and plan approaches to enhance donor communications.
- Support the production of letters, packs and key information communications to all donors and fundraisers for events, campaigns and donor care.
- Work with other team members to monitor impact of donor communications and improve donor journeys across all channels.
- Collaborate and support on the delivery of an annual calendar of supporter-led and DEBRA-led events and campaigns, providing logistical and administrative support.
- Working with Digital & Communications on digital content, enhancing donor care and engagement.
- Research and generate ideas for fundraising activities, scoping out same where deemed suitable.
- All levels of education and experience will be considered, however experience in a fundraising administrative role or similar will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication, relationship and donor care skills.
- Excellent data entry skills are essential.
- Experience in database management. Knowledge of RE NXT a significant advantage.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise time and resources.
- An ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional and engaging written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability and experience building relationships.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Warm, collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Passionate about DEBRA’s cause and impact.
• 20 days annual leave
• Additional 5 leave days: Good Friday, Christmas Eve, working days between Christmas-New Year
• Generous paid Sick Leave entitlement
• Employer matched Pension Scheme up to 6%, following 6-month probationary period
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Bike to Work Scheme
• Opportunity for flexible/hybrid working
Please email your CV and accompanying cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected], by 5pm on Wednesday 29th June 2021. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Fundraising Administrator’. Informal enquiries welcomed to Michelle Reynolds, Head of Fundraising & Marketing, at [email protected].
First round interviews will take place via video call, and are currently planned for early July 2022. Second round interviews will be in person, in Dublin.
Position is subject to Garda Clearance and reference check. Candidates must be resident in Ireland and legally entitled to work in Ireland at the time of application.