Title: Donor Care Executive
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising & Marketing
Type of Contract: Full Time, Permanent, 37.5 hours per week
Location: DEBRA Ireland, Butterfly Cottage, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Dublin 2
(Please note work may be split between home and office while social distancing measures remain in place.)
DEBRA Ireland is an ambitious, patient-led charity with a powerful case for support. The charity is very clear on its vision and mission and is passionate about achievement and excellence.
DEBRA Ireland is the national charity established in 1988 to provide patient support services and to drive research into treatments and cures for those living with the genetic skin condition, epidermolysis bullosa (EB). EB is an extremely severe and painful, rare, skin-blistering condition, which leaves the skin as fragile as the wings of a butterfly. Even gentle contact can cause devastating wounds. EB has been described by a Consultant Dermatologist in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital as “easily the most debilitating and devastating disease I have ever seen.” Many of our patients who survive childhood face the frightening reality that they could develop a very aggressive form of skin cancer, due to the constant breakdown of their skin.
With the expansion and adaptation to our fundraising portfolio this year, our donor base is growing as we build on our direct marketing activities. This role will play a vital part within the fundraising team, leading the management of our donor database and driving donor care and communications, often being the first and most frequent point of contact with our donors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and run DEBRA Ireland’s Raiser’s Edge NXT CRM system, coordinating access and training for other users.
- Manage timely processing and handling of all donations, including from online giving platforms such as JustGiving, GivePanel, Facebook etc., ensuring all are correctly recorded on the database and accurately reported.
- Collaborate with finance team on monthly reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
- Manage overall data quality, proactively testing and cleaning invalid data to ensure information is up to date, accurate and GDPR compliant.
- Assist in the development and extraction of reports for fundraising team, providing timely and accurate fundraising reports, analysis and segmentation.
- Continuously review and look for improvements in automating and streamlining data and donation processing.
- Develop methods and reports to track progress of campaigns and gather insights and learnings on donor behaviour.
- Manage database and projects so that problems are anticipated and solutions identified quickly.
- Be the first point of contact for our donors and supporters, providing a warm and compassionate relationship with DEBRA, while managing, maintaining and building relationships with supporters to achieve best retention results.
- Identify trends and plan approaches to enhance donor communications.
- Support the production of letters, packs and key information communications to all donors, and will assist with our thanking and relationship-developing strategies.
- Working with Head of Fundraising & Marketing, collaborate on direct marketing projects, developing engaging materials to share with donors through post, email, social media and over the phone, to thank them and build their understanding and commitment of DEBRA Ireland’s work.
- Develop methods to monitor and report back on these activities and their impact.
- Work with other team members to monitor and improve donor journeys across all channels.
- Support the delivery of an annual calendar of supporter-led and DEBRA-led events and campaigns.
- Research and generate ideas for fundraising activities and scope out same where deemed suitable.
- Minimum of one years’ experience in a fundraising administrative role or similar.
- Excellent communication, relationship and donor care skills.
- Experience in database management. Knowledge of RE NXT a significant advantage.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritise time and resources.
- An ability to work under pressure and maintain meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional and engaging written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability and experience building relationships with supporters.
- Strong proficiency in all Microsoft Office tools, particularly Excel and Word.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Degree level education or equivalent is desirable.
- Warm, collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude.
- Flexible and adaptable.
Please email your CV and accompanying cover letter to email@example.com, by 5pm on Thursday, 16th July 2020. Please ensure to include the following title in the subject line of your email ‘Application for Donor Care Executive’.
As our fundraising team adapts to the current environment, and this is a new job description, flexibility will be required as the role develops. Management reserve the right to amend or change this job description as required.
First round interviews are planned for week-commencing 20th July 2020, via video conference.
Position is subject to Garda Clearance.