DEBRA International is seeking a talented and enthusiastic communicator, to effectively communicate the role of the charity and initiatives relevant to its work, to member organisations, a variety of stakeholders and the general public.
Position: Communications Manager, DEBRA International
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Salary: €28-32K, depending on experience previously
Hours: 30 (4-5 days a week)
Reporting to: The Head of Research and Advocacy, DEBRA Ireland and the Executive Officer, DEBRA International
Closing date: Fri 13th March
DEBRA International is the worldwide alliance of epidermolysis bullosa (EB) patient support groups, working in over 40 countries and growing. The aims of the organisation are to enable people with EB, and their organisations, to work together, to maximise quality of life and to promote the development of effective treatments for the condition. www.debra-international.org
DEBRA Ireland is hosting the post, on behalf of DEBRA International.
DEBRA International is seeking a talented and enthusiastic communicator, to effectively communicate the role of the charity and initiatives relevant to its work, to member organisations, a variety of stakeholders and the general public. The appointee will also work to support member organisations, in their own communications activities.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Developing a communications strategy for the organisation
- Undertaking regular and engaging communication to all stakeholders, through a variety of communication channels, including newsletter, social media, website and annual report
- Fostering member organisation cooperation, to facilitate a collaborative approach in communications and marketing
- Mentoring member organisations in their communications activities
- Creating and maintaining an archive of communications and promotional material, for use by member organisations, to support fundraising and other activities
- Spearheading an international campaign for EB Awareness Week and coordinating Rare Disease Day communications activities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a communications role
- Excellent computer skills and expertise in traditional and contemporary communication avenues, including social media
- Willingness to travel internationally (the extent of travel will be determined by the successful candidate, in collaboration with managers)
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, at times, for the purpose of conference calls and events
- An awareness of cultural differences when fostering international cooperation
- Willingness to collaborate within a strong and dedicated team, across national borders
- Knowledge and understanding of the medical/research sector
- The ability to speak a second/third language
- A qualification in a relevant field
As the tasks and responsibilities of this post can be varied and at times unpredictable, the post holder is expected to be flexible. DEBRA International reserves the right to vary these duties from time to time, in line with changing operational needs.
To Apply: If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make, please email [email protected] with a copy of your most recent CV and a covering letter, demonstrating how you could make a valuable contribution to our organisation.
If you have questions about the role, please contact Avril Kennan: [email protected]