DEBRA Ireland together with Our Lady’s Children’s hospital and Saint James’s hospital are currently seeking to recruit an outreach Nurse Specialist.
This is a new whole time equivalent post (39 hours per week) for a fixed period of 3 years, and providing a service to children and adults with Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) in Ireland and North of Ireland.
The CNS will report directly to the Nursing Management structures that already exist at OLH & SJH and will liaise with the EB clinical/nursing team at Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin, Dublin and St. James Hospital, Dublin.
Wound management experience desirable, training will be provided to tailor experience to the requirement of a child or adult living with EB.
The ideal candidate will be
- Registered Nurse: Must be eligible for registration in, General Nursing and /or Children’s Nursing and/or Intellectual Disability.
- 5 years post graduate experience with experience in Dermatology, tissue viability or burns.
- Wound Care Experience desirable
- Experience working within the family home / community is desirable.
- Flexibility with hours of work.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Have clean drivers licence
Further information on EB and DEBRA Ireland can be found on www.debraireland.org
If you are interested in this post can you please email your CV to: [email protected]
Closing date 20th May 2016