events, campaigns & more Sign Up
What does my €650 include?
– Two nights accommodation in the 4* Dingle Skelligs Hotel.
– All meals from first challenge Friday to last challenge Sunday.
– Celebratory prize giving dinner and party on Saturday night.
– Transport to and from the route each day.
– On site physiotherapy.
– The satisfaction of finishing a tough mountain challenge.
– The knowledge that you have raised much needed funds for patients with EB.
How much goes to DEBRA Ireland?
DEBRA Ireland supports families and patients living with the devastating effects of EB and helps them cope with all that EB brings with it. We ask you to raise a minimum of €650 to ensure that we can continue our vital services. The cost to take part in the weekend challenge (accommodation, food, transport, ground support, insurance etc. ) is €300.
Many participants pay the €300 costs themselves and fundraise the donation of €350.
What are the routes like? Is it very mountainous?
This is a mountain challenge so there will be mountains!
Is it possible to get a refund of the registration fee?
Unfortunately, no. We cannot refund your fee.
What do I need to bring with me?
Given that the Kerry Challenge is happening in November this year, you will need to be prepared as it could be a windy and cold weekend.
Every team member must carry / wear the following:
- Hiking boots should be worn.
- Warm clothing, hat & gloves – essential.
- Rain Gear – jacket & over trousers – essential.
- At least one litre of fluids per person.
- A warm spare top.
- Jeans are not allowed, avoid cotton clothing. Synthetic or merino/wool is best. Shorts are not suitable.
- Head torch and spare batteries.
- Blister pads – such as ‘Compeed’.
- Some high energy food.
- ID card with your name, address, contact phone number and any relevant illnesses including any medication you are taking. Also on the card should be the name and phone number of a person to contact in case of emergencies/accident. Place the card inside a plastic bag or have it laminated. This card must be carried in your own backpack at all times.
- A backpack.
- A plastic bin liner to keep your equipment dry – no backpack is 100% waterproof.
Every team must carry one set of the following:
- A small first aid kit.
- At least two mobile phones (for emergencies). Please ensure that one mobile is kept dry and turned off and numbers are given to the organisers.
- A whistle.
- Waterproof sun cream.