events, campaigns & more Sign Up
Support families living with EB this Christmas by making a donation.
Thanks to your help we are closing the gap between what people living with EB need and what they get. We can now dare to dream that within ten years you will be celebrating with us when we fully close this gap. By 2029 people living with EB will have the highest quality of life possible with the best medical and community care services on offer. They will also have hope as new treatments become a reality. Parents will no longer have to change the bandages on their child for three hours every day.
It is because of the generosity of supporters like you:
- Our Family Support Service is expanding and there is increased collaboration with other charities and other DEBRA charities to improve our services and support.
- The first Irish EB clinical trial is currently happening in Ireland. This is a great opportunity for our patients.
- Families are beginning to get home care packages thanks to our lobbying work and partnership with the clinical team in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital Crumlin.
- Our partnership with a number of organisations resulted in major funding for a ground breaking research project in The Charles Institute of Dermatology, UCD.
- We have committed to funding a new research project around wound healing with DEBRA UK.
- We are playing the main role in the development of an Irish and international patient registry. This will attract more researchers and pharmaceutical companies.
In 2020, we plan and need, to do so much more for those living with EB. If you can make a Christmas donation, it would mean so much to our families.
Wishing you and yours a healthy and happy Christmas,