DEBRA Ireland is both a registered charity (NO 8703) and a registered company (No. 141279). As such, we have put in place important policy and operational measures. These measures aim to ensure that DEBRA Ireland fully meets the duties and responsibilities to person’s living with EB, their families, volunteers, donors and the general public that its status requires. In pursuing its dedication to finding effective treatments and cures for EB, DEBRA Ireland’s board and staff keep at the core of their actions, a commitment to the highest possible standards for governance, integrity and accountability.
Every decision we make is taken with the needs of people who live with EB at the forefront of our minds. When receiving donations, we are committed to openness, honesty and transparency and these principles are reflected in our Donor Charter.
In DEBRA Ireland, we have a dedicated, strong Board including people who are living with EB or family members. They give their time for free and receive no payment for their work. The list of Board members can be found here. Our work at all levels of DEBRA accord with the valuables, principles and processes for the good governance of charities. We are currently:
- Completing the Charities Regulator ‘Annual Compliance Record’ form
Additional standards that we follow are:
- Guidelines set out by the Charities Regulator Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public. These principles set the standard for best practice fundraising in Ireland.
- The SORP(Statement of Recommended Practice, Accounting and Reporting by Charities) and submit annual accounts to the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- The Charity Regulator Internal Financial Controls Guidelines for Charities.
- Our Website Privacy and Data Protection Policy, in line with GDPR requirements, can be found here.
Accountability and Transparency
Our Financial Reports provide the public with details of our activities throughout the preceding year. Our accounts are prepared annually by the auditors Mazars in accordance with the charity SORP standard of accountability and transparency and are available to the public for viewing.
As a learning organisation, DEBRA recognises and values the importance of feedback on its work.
Contact us with your questions and suggestions either by phone, post, email to email@example.com or call us directly on 01 4126924. We will try to get back to you right away or at the very most, within two working days.
Similarly, we would like to hear from you should you have a complaint from DEBRA. Our full complaint procedure document can be downloaded and read here. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm.
Registered Offices: DEBRA Ireland, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2.
Our CEO and Senior Management Team