DEBRA Ireland is both a registered charity (RCN 20021726, CHY No. 8703) and a registered company (No. 141279). As such, we have put in place important policy and operational measures. These measures aim to ensure that DEBRA Ireland fully meets the duties and responsibilities to person’s living with EB, their families, carers, volunteers, donors and the general public that its status requires. In pursuing its dedication to finding effective treatments and cures for EB, DEBRA Ireland’s board and staff keep at the core of their actions, a commitment to the highest possible standards for governance, integrity and accountability.
Every decision we make is taken with the needs of those living with EB at the forefront of our minds. When receiving donations, we are committed to openness, honesty and transparency and these principles are reflected in our Donor Charter.
In DEBRA Ireland, we have a dedicated, strong Board including those living with EB or their family members. They give their time for free and receive no payment for their work. The list of our current Board members can be found here. Our work, at all levels of DEBRA Ireland, accord with the valuables, principles and processes for the good governance of charities. We are currently:
- As per our latest Charities Regulator Annual Return submission (January 2021), we are compliant with all sections of the Charities Governance Code, including the additional standards.
Additional standards that we follow are:
- Guidelines set out by the Charities Regulator Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public. These principles set the standard for best practice fundraising in Ireland.
- The SORP(Statement of Recommended Practice, Accounting and Reporting by Charities) and submit annual accounts to the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- The Charity Regulator Internal Financial Controls Guidelines for Charities.
- Our Website Privacy and Data Protection Policy, in line with GDPR requirements, can be found here.
Accountability and Transparency
Our Financial Reports provide the public with details of our activities throughout the preceding year. Our accounts are prepared annually by the external auditors (Grant Thornton, 2020 and 2019) in accordance with the charity SORP standard of accountability and transparency and are available to the public for viewing.
As a learning organisation, we recognise and value the importance of feedback on its work.
Contact us with your questions and suggestions either by phone, post, email to [email protected] or call us directly on 01 4126924. We will try to get back to you right away or at the very most, within two working days.
Our full complaint procedure document can be downloaded and read here should any issues arise. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm.
Registered Offices: DEBRA Ireland, Butterfly Cottage, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2, D02 R240.
Our CEO and Senior Management Team