DEBRA Ireland is both a registered charity (RCN 20021726, CHY No. 8703) and a registered company (No. 141279). As such, we have put in place important policy and operational measures. These measures aim to ensure that DEBRA Ireland fully meets the duties and responsibilities to people living with EB, their families, carers, volunteers, donors and the general public that its status requires. In pursuing its dedication to finding effective treatments and cures for EB, DEBRA Ireland’s board and staff keep at the core of their actions, a commitment to the highest possible standards for governance, integrity and accountability.
Every decision we make is taken with the needs of those living with EB at the forefront of our minds. When receiving donations, we are committed to openness, honesty and transparency and these principles are reflected in our Donor Charter.
In DEBRA Ireland, we have a dedicated, strong Board including those living with EB or their family members. They give their time for free and receive no payment for their work. The list of our current Board members can be found here. Our work, at all levels of DEBRA Ireland, accord with the values, principles and processes for the good governance of charities.
- We are compliant with all sections of the Charities Governance Code, including the additional standards and reported as such in our most recent Charities Regulator Annual Return submission (January 2022).
- We adhere to the Charities Regulator’s Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public. These principles set the standard for best practice fundraising in Ireland.
- We prepare a trustees annual report and financial statements in full compliance with the Charity SORP (Statement of Recommended Practice under FRS102) and submit full version annual accounts to the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- We adhere to the Charities Regulator’s Internal Financial Controls Guidelines for Charities.
- We are a Triple Lock member of Charities Institute Ireland which actively demonstrates our openness, transparency and integrity to our beneficiaries and donors.
- Our Website Privacy and Data Protection Policy, in line with GDPR requirements, can be found here.
Accountability and Transparency
Our Financial Reports provide the public with details of our activities throughout the preceding year. Our accounts are prepared annually in accordance with the Charities SORP, are independently audited and are available to the public.
As a learning organisation, we recognise and value the importance of feedback on our work.
Contact us with your questions and suggestions either by post or email to [email protected] or call us directly on 01 4126924. We will try to get back to you right away or at the very most, within two working days.
Our full complaint procedure document can be downloaded and read here should any issues arise. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.00pm.
Registered Offices: DEBRA Ireland, Butterfly Cottage, 8 Clanwilliam Terrace, Grand Canal Quay, Dublin 2, D02 R240.
Our CEO and Senior Management Team
- Jimmy Fearon– Chief Executive
- Michelle Reynolds– Head of Marketing and Fundraising
- Sinéad Hickey– Research Manager
- Deirdre Callis– Head of Family Support Service
- Joanna Joyce – Advocacy and Policy Manager
- Pauline Williamson – Financial Controller
8 Clanwilliam Terrace
Grand Canal Quay
E: [email protected]
Registered Charity Number: 20021726
Registered Revenue Number: CHY8703